Tint (The Italian NLP Tool) is a Java-based pipeline for Natural Language Processing (NLP) in Italian. It is very fast and accurate, and implements most of the common linguistic tools, such as part-of-speech tagging and dependency parsing. The tool is based on Stanford CoreNLP, and can be used as a stand-alone tool, included as a Java library or as a REST API service. Tint also includes wrappers (for third-party tools) that use the CoreNLP paradigm and therefore can be applied to languages different than Italian.
- Fast and accurate native basic NLP tasks (tokenization, sentence splitting, morphological analysis, lemmatization)
- Modules for part-of-speech tagging, dependency parsing and named entity recognition use state-of-the art technologies
- It includes wrappers for entity linking, time expression identification, keywords extraction, hyphenation, geocoding.
- Extensible interface, through Stanford CoreNLP library
- REST API service included, built on top of Grizzly